Monday 18 July 2022

Oriental fabric inspired

Back in time....not that far back...about Mar 27/2022:

I decided not to leave just yet and share a bit of quilt inspiration.  I had a customer quilt, to quilt, that I thought was great for using some focus fabric.  I am always on the lookout for a pattern to use up the oriental fabric that I have.  I thought this quilt pattern was a good one.


The crane fabric in the picture above is the focal fabric and what I used to pull all the colours for the rest of the pieces for this quilt. I wish I had gotten a picture of my customer's quilt, because hers was beautiful and very different than mine.  She used a pretty springtime type fabric with flowers and bugs/critters and her fabrics to coordinate were bright and cheerful.  Two completely different styles of quilts, but they both work.  I thing any fabric combinations would work well with this pattern and I plan on revisiting this pattern again at a later date.


This pattern is very easy to put together.  In this quilt it is really only the one large block repeated a total of four times and the block is rotated.  If you look closely you can see the middle sashing that makes and plus sign.  Within each plus sign quadrant you have the large block.

While I was quilting my customer's quilt, I was taking notes.  I wrote the pattern up with measurements and directions.  That evening I went to my mother's house and cut all the fabric I needed.  The next day I assembled all four blocks, put them together with the dividing sashing.  After my afternoon tea, I loaded the top and quilted it.  I even shocked myself!!  lol  My mom binded it for me.

This quilt was just delivered to a division of Quilt of Valour on Sunday and will be presented to a wounded veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment