Sunday 24 July 2022

2022 Shop Hop - The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe

12707 Ninth Line, Georgetown, ON (soon to be moving)

This was, for my mom and I, the last shop of the 2022 Shop Hop.  As this shop is in our neck of the woods, we go here most often.  The shop has been lately changing, with branching out into different lines of fabric.  I am assuming that the family is getting more involved in the selection process.  This shop has been in this location for at least 40 years.  It will be odd at first to visit them at another location.  We found out only a few days or so ago, in the shops newsletter/announcements.  Per the announcement, they are selling off the farm and moving further into Georgetown.  That may increase their visibility.  I can't wait to see where they go, how they set up and who will be the next generation to take over the shop.  Best of luck for a smooth transition!  It can only get better with moving to a busier/central location, where they can also get some passing by pedestrian traffic, who may be inspired by their visit to the shop.


So, here is the inside of the shop, the now picture.  We will call it the before picture, soon to be the after picture.  The shop has two levels. This picture is just as you walk into the store.  Behind the display counter, are the fat quarters, the cutting tables, lots of fabrics, with books, patterns and notions, all along the left hand wall. At the moment they have their Christmas fabrics on the right in the back corner, which used to mainly reside in the lower level in a large alcove of it's own.  Now the alcove holds sale fabric bolts and fat quarters.  There are a couple of other areas in the lower level for specific types of fabrics and the class room is also down there.


From the sale area in the lower level, I picked up this bolt of flannel for backings.  It is so sweet with the words 'lil sprout on it amongst the sprouts.  Who doesn't like a good flannel to snuggle up with?  While there, I also picked up a meter of a couple other sale fabrics and a few fat quarters from upstairs for a few quilts I am making.


This post concludes the 2022 Shop Hop.  I hope you liked it.  I know I did!  Being able to get out on the country roads, enjoying the scenery and getting to mingle with the shop owners and staff after such a long time of only able to do online shopping was great.  There is nothing that can beat the sensory of actually touching the textile....lol....isn't that why we fondle it so much...

Today I see rain outside my window, but I am ok with that.  I have a lot of quilting to get caught up on and I want to get back to some sewing of my own too.  The plants can also really use it after the week of really hot and humid weather we've been having.

Take some time today to enjoy yourself!!  Relax and recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment