Wednesday 20 July 2022

2022 Shop Hop - Quilting by Design

 337 Waterloo St, New Hamburg, ON

Second shop on our shop hop this past Saturday was Quilting by Design.  This was the first time I've been to this place.  I am not sure how long they have been around, but I've been to New Hamburg before and didn't know about them.  This was a nice and airy shop, leaning more toward the modern.  I love the barn block they have displayed on the building wall.  Beautiful!!


Their walls are all white with open spaces to see what is around and the windows higher on the wall let in a lot of light too.  At the time that we were going through the shop, they had two longarm machines quilting out quilts in the back.  It seemed like a nice place.


From this shop, I found a pretty pin cushion.  There were many, of all different styles.  The holders of the pin cushions looked to be antique type pieces or votive candle holders.  Really cute idea, so I picked up one for my pin cushion collection.  I also picked up a pattern called Gazebo, which uses a specialty ruler that I have.  The pattern finishes at about 21".  That to me would be like a centre piece size.  The last package is the shops block for the shop hop.
 

Hope you had a nice day.  I am hoping for a bit of rain through the night, for my trees, bushes and flower pots.  We were expecting rain yesturday, but didn't get it.  If there is no rain, tomorrow morning I will have to get out there and water everything.  Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment