Thursday 28 July 2022

Hexagon quilt progress

Yesturday, I forgot that I was going to share the progress I made on my hexagon quilt.  In an earlier post, I posted about the finish of the top half of the quilt and how excited I was to finally see some real progress on the quilt.  This quilt is all assembled by hand with English paper piece, hexagon patties that I made out of file folders, a template, and the 60 degree line on the straight ruler.  I posted about the top finish on June 22nd.  Just last month.

I was so excited that I made a pact to continue doing my handwork, while having my morning tea on weekdays, before work.   The progress has been steady.  I got the left hand border completed with some side half diamonds, the bottom triangle and one diamond at the top.


I finished the border above on Monday, and since I already have many of the parts to complete the first diagonal row that fits inside that white V shape.  I realized this morning that I forgot the white hexagons for the first diamond shape, of this next row and the ones on the diamond already on the border piece.  The two pieces at the bottom of the next picture are what is complete and on the white flannel covered insulation foam board are the hexagons that are still to be hand sewn to the shape on the right hand side to form the second diamond.



It's really coming together!  I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment