Saturday 30 July 2022

I spy chain quilt

Today I started the tiling in the main bathroom.  I got the back wall, the bull nose tiles up along the two sides and half of the left hand side tiles done.  It takes a while.  Just finished cleaning up the kitchen and finally sat down for a bit.  I really would rather be quilting, but you know how it is...I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with all these renos though.  I keep telling myself that I am almost there...just a little bit longer...just keep going...almost there...

So, since I haven't had any time today to do any sewing, let me share this with you.  Back in time to Sept 13/2019:  This is an I Spy quilt.  I really enjoyed finding fabrics in my stash that I could fussy cut to make this quilt.  There is a lot of "stuff" in here.  Everywhere you look you will see different types of animals or vehicles, farm stuff, circus stuff, you name it...it may be here...lol


In my scrap stash, I had a bunch of pieces that were not big enough to make a quilt with, so I took them all out and tried to come up with a layout that would end up the size I needed for the backing.  It is a bit of a jumble, but there you have it.  This quilt went to Project Linus.


I hope everyone is taking some time to enjoy this beautiful long weekend.  Today was gorgeous!  Tomorrow I am off to a pot luck dinner at my sister's place with a small group of immediate family members.  I am taking a break from the tiling until Monday and look forward to spending time with family.  Take care everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment