Sunday 10 July 2022

Fairy quilt

What a day yesturday! Really beautiful weather and good driving.  My mom and I went to four stores for the shop hop and didn't get back to her place until just after 5:45 pm.  It was nice, but I was so busy today that I didn't get a chance to sort out all that I got.  So I will save the show and share of that for another day.  Mom made a whole chicken on the barbeque with mini potatoes and asparagus, while I dug in the dirt to level off a section and relocate her platform for her barbeque.  My daughter joined us for dinner, and we ended the day with a nice fire out back.  Couldn't have been any better!

Today I was up and running with quilting for customers.  I got three quilts quilted and decided that I had enough, considering it was 5:30 pm.  I figured I needed some me time to sort things out and play with fabric some.  I sorted out my list of quilts in progress and have decided that I really do need to put the breaks on starting any new quilts, until I can get some more done...that was just about the time that I decided to do up three others...lol.  To my defense, these three were technically blocks already from my rejected samples, that I decided to turn into a reversable quilts.  There will be more about those too in a future post.  I am already over half way done on one of them.

As I don't have any pictures from the past two days to share with you, I will leave you with this recent finish.  This is the fairy quilt.  This quilt came about as a challenge to myself to start using up all the odd stuff I found while unpacking.  This small 12" high fabric with fairies in a garden theme of flowers, watering cans, etc. was the starting off point.  I also had a bunch of 2.5" squares that I was given, that appears to have been a sample of a line of fabric, or a few of them, plus some smaller pieces of fabric I had to deal with that were in the colours I needed for this piece.  There are blues, pinks, purples, yellow and greens in many different shades. 

It is a bit of a scramble, but up close it all seems to work (I have to work on the quality of my pictures).  I was practicing some free motion quilting on this piece with the Terry Twist in all of the squares.  A loop meander in the fairy block and straight line, back and forth motion in the small yellow border.  I've really got to get into practicing my free motion.  I see progress, but it wouldn't win any prizes...lol.  Practice, practice and practice some more!!

Hope you all had a great day!  Enjoy what is left of your evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment