Sunday 17 July 2022

A bit of this and that (QW)

About a couple of weeks ago, I came to the conclusion that I would come to regret putting my mini log cabin blocks into a quilt at this time.  I now have a king size bed in this house and these blocks were intended for my previous queen size bed.  Sad as it made me, I packed them away and decided that I would just face it, and admit to having to make 11 more large blocks to increase the quilt by one row on the side and one row on the bottom.  At first (about a month ago) I was in denial, because I was excited that I was done with this little bitty pieces...but now...reality...11 more blocks equates to another 176 mini log cabin blocks that measure 3" finished, and for every mini log cabin block there are 13 logs which comes to 2,288 pieces that I have to sew....OMG....and here I thought I was done...yikes!!

Lol...all kidding aside, I realize that it will make me happier if I just make the required blocks to bring the quilt to king size.  I've already copied the paper pieces to make them and have gathered the basket that I had, with the smallest of scraps.  I just need a bit of time to do a few other things, before I dive into making the rest of these.


One of the things I wanted to catch up on was a panel that was donated.  The panel is not very big and didn't take too long to put together.  I worked on these blocks to make as borders.  All I have left to do now is quilt and bind the piece.  More pictures to follow on that one, once it is done.


There is also this one that I started...yes, I started yet another quilt...lol.  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Bitcoin.  I was using this as my leader/ender to the blocks above.  This one is really just getting started.  Not sure if I will make it as big as Bonnie's quilt, but I just couldn't resist using up more of my 1 1/2" strips.  My version is going to be a bit more on the pastel side, as I am trying to use up some of those hard to use medium coloured pieces that don't necessarily read as light or dark.  So far I am liking the direction these rows are going.


This next picture is just here as a place marker.  The (QW) in the title is my search word, to find all my inspiration and quilts that I want to do (QW = Quilt Wannabe).  It looks like another scrap buster.  I do like patterns written by Cozy Quilt Designs.  They are easy to follow.  This will be added to the one day list....


Today I am quilting customer quilts.   Trying to get caught up with paperwork and hopefully with enough time left over to assemble a backing for a donation quilt I am working on.  

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh do think I will be asking more details on the mini log cabin….

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what you have started…lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share you pictures. Always enjoy being inspired by what others are doing

      Delete
  3. Beautiful mini log cabin!

    ReplyDelete