Friday 6 February 2015

Tiny Town BOM for January #3

I just now finished the flower that goes with the first house.  I need to iron the block as I find it wrinkly next to the house.

I altered the original flower a bit.  The flower in the original block drooped down toward the house, but I don't really like droopy.  I like the flower up turned and reaching for the sun.  It may look a little odd, but I am ok with it.


This weekend I may not get too much done quilt wise.  I have a list of nine things I need/want to accomplish this weekend here around the house and a few things with the quilts that I cannot show pictures for yet.  Soon though.

One thing on the list that I want to do involves Rose's floret quilt.  I finished the quilt about a week ago.  The only thing I want to do now is carefully wash it.  I want to wash it before I give it to Lise and Jim.  I need to reassure myself that the fabrics will not run.  They are old fabrics and some of them do not look like they have been washed yet.  With the unstable fabrics of olde, and the solutions I have to counter the bleeding, I would prefer to be the first to wash it and keep an eye on it.  Once I know it is safe, I will call Lise to come and pick it up.  Can't wait to give it to her.  I truly love the quilt and the time spent finishing it for the maker.  I hope they will love it as much as I do.

For the rest of the weekend I plan to do the final touch ups in my daughter's room, install handles on the closets in the master bedroom, finally get the remaining silicone off the tub in the bathroom downstairs and re-caulk it.  Once I am done that I can get back to quilting.

I am more than halfway done the Pleated Log Cabin quilt.  I only have about 1/3 left of the centre to do and the final border.  It is certainly coming along.  That is another quilt I have enjoyed seeing come to completion.  Though there is not much left to do, it will still take some time with everything else that I am involved with.  There is no timeline to the quilts I am doing for Lise and Jim.  I am glad for it.  I enjoy doing them at my own pace.  When there are timelines it is just not as enjoyable.

It is still early tonight and I have to go pick up my daughter at 10:00 pm.  I think I am going to start on the next and last little house that is part of the Tiny Town quilt.  After this one, there will be two houses and a tree left to do.  I am ahead of schedule, but I really do not like leaving it to the last minute.  I am always afraid that I will miss the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment