Wednesday 25 February 2015

Progress on the Baby 3D Pinwheels quilt

After I got home from class on Saturday I started washing the fabric for the Baby 3D Pinwheels quilt.   As the loads of wash finished I ironed the pieces right away to avoid all the hard to come out wrinkles.  Between what needed to be done at home and picking up my daughter from work, I started cutting the fabric.

I did one block so I could test the sizes to make sure it would fit before cutting all the fabric out.  Doesn't it look cute.  I altered the size of the original quilt to make mine bigger.  I will be making thirty-five blocks for mine.  The 3D part, is that the pinwheels are made of prairie points and sewn in the seam of the block, so you can lift the actual points.  I think it is a nice touch for the children and their curious hands.  It gives them something to play with.


Later on, I sorted the light background fabric in the layout I wanted and as well for the coloured fabrics.  On Sunday morning while having my tea, I started ironing the prairie points.  Now I have all the parts ironed, sorted, labeled and ready to start sewing.


For now this will get put aside.  I will keep it close and use it as my leader/ender to try and get this one done for when the baby comes or maybe for the baby shower.  Baby is due in July.  That doesn't give me a lot of time to assemble and quilt it.  I will see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment