Saturday 7 February 2015

Another floret section done

Very productive day today, just not quilt wise.  When I woke up this morning I worked on the floret shown below.  The floret was done a little while ago and I was slowly doing the white and purple.  I didn't realize that I only had three purples left to do.  While I sat in my comfy chair having my tea, I finished them off.


After this I decided I needed to tackle the tub.  I needed to remove the silicone and the plastic cheat strip. Those stripes should be band.  How disgusting it was beneath.  I worked at it scrapping and cleaning, so I could wash Rose's Floret quilt.  The tub looks good, but when I went to use it the drain plug would not plug.  All that work and I still have to go use the tub upstairs.  Oh well.

It took me most of the late morning to late afternoon to finally finish washing the quilt.  I had to wash and soak the quilt seven times in order to have the water run clear.  It was amazing how much my water discoloured.  Now the quilt should be safe.  As far as I can see there is not any bleeding happening while it lays there drying.  I will let it dry overnight and tomorrow gently fluff dry it in the dryer.

I managed to touch up my daughter's room, install the doors in the laundry room, clean up all the tools in the laundry room and the stuff from my daughter's room.  Even managed to get some banking and computer work done.  Unfortunately, I wasn't paying much attention to the time, so we ate dinner really late, but all is well.

Now I am thinking of a sappy movie like maybe Sense and Sensibilities. I think I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment