Friday 27 February 2015

Mariners Compass wall hanging

Last night when I got home from work I really needed to decompress.  I had a busy week with working overtime, the Quilting Bee meeting and all the other household things that need to be done.  For me, there is nothing more relaxing than spending some quiet time in my quilt room.

While in my quilt room, for the longest time, I just sat there looking at the design wall.  My brain felt numb and I didn't have much energy for anything.  When I get like this, I know that all I need to do is start something.  It doesn't matter what, but once I get going things end up happening.  I eventually feel like I have come back to earth.  My brain clears and I seem to tap into a secret source of energy.

 
What I chose to start with was the Mariners Compass paper piece wall hanging.  I had a small portion done already, and yesturday I finished the paper piecing.  The pieces are not yet sewn together, only tacked to the design wall.  The colour is not true.  The compass is not quite so yellow.  I think it was the nighttime lighting.

Tomorrow is Saturday.  I look forward to it.  Nothing at this point planned out.  I like those day the best. The days where you putter around doing what ever hits your fancy.  I need it.  I may even try to sleep in.  Who knows......it may happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment