Tuesday 17 February 2015

Dresden Plate block #2

Yesturday I finished another Dresden plate block.  This is only the second block out of twenty-five.  This quilt still has a way to go, but one by one they will get done.


After finishing this Dresden plate, I needed a break from hand work.  I was thinking of getting some quilting done, but my daughter suggested that I get the pieces for the next block of the Tiny Town  quilt cut out.  I hadn't thought to do any more of that quilt until this coming Saturday at class, but her argument that they will likely be practicing applique and not cutting made sense.  

After cutting all the pieces for Tiny town February block I thought I would finish cutting the recently washed small scraps.  I had some lights that I had not used yet in the Bow Tie quilt, so I figured I would cut them up and see if I could find some more.  From last count I only needed thirty-three more lights, but when my daughter spotted three that were duplicated the number went up to thirty-six.  I was so close in finishing these lights that my daughter thought to raid her own stash to help me with the last ten or so.

Together we did it.  Once we found all the lights, I searched for some coordinating darks to go with them.  Darks are not difficult to find, so that went quickly.  I would guess that half of them are already cut.  I took a break to make dinner and decided that I had had enough for the day. 

Another short week this week. I wonder what I will get done.  I am so excited that I finally have all the fabric for the Bow Tie blocks, that I will probably work on getting those done and off my design wall.  They are taking up a lot of space.  Space that I will need for the Hexagon quilt and the Tiny Town BOM quilt.

I had a four day long weekend this weekend and I feel really good with all that was accomplished and the time spent with family.  I am rested, relaxed and ready to jump back into work.  

Enjoy, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment