Friday 11 April 2014

Spring quilt

Unfortunately another day goes by without being able to get any quilt time in.  We all have lives to look after.  So, today I thought I would show you a quilt I made.  I call it my spring quilt.  The colours are perky.  A soft sunshine yellow with Easter egg purple and a bunch of random cheerful colors.


This quilt is a lap size quilt.  The yellow in the picture is a little bit deeper than in real life, but the best I can do with artificial lighting.  The setting is pinwheels on a diagonal with alternating plain squares.  When I look at this quilt it makes me smile.  It does not always take a complicated pattern.  Sometime the simple ones can be just as effective.  The four-patch, the nine-patch or the pinwheel blocks are very easy to make and seem to be the blocks of choice for many quilters.


This picture is a close up of the corner, showing the quilting I did on it.  The patterns are from a book called Quilting Inside the Lines by Pam Clarke.  Not too sure if you can see it.  The large border is a larger version of the motif that you see in the corner and the small border is the little motif at the side of the flower in the corner motif.  The part you don't see in the picture is the plain block which is quilted in a swirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment