Sunday 6 April 2014

Paper piecing the spider webs


Here are some spider web wedges that are covered in fabric strips.  I have only 9 more to do.  I like to stay stitch around the perimeter between the cut line and the quarter inch seam.  I find it keeps the shape from stretching.


This is the other side of the wedge before trimming. In this one the only drawn lines are the wedge shape so I know where it needs to go. Otherwise the strips are all different sizes, so you just fill up the space making sure you extend the fabric past the cut line.



And the last two photos are of the web after it is trimmed.  I did all this last night.

Today unfortunately I didn't get any quilting done.  It was time to take care of the house.  I am in the middle of renovations around here.  I was able to install the double bi-fold doors in the guest room and frame it all out. Had to run out as well to purchase an exterior light for the electrician to wire up.  When I got back I just could not resist the beautiful day we were having, so took out the rake to gather all the left over leaves and twigs.  Swept up the curb side dirt, sidewalk and walkways.  By the time that was all done I had to fix dinner, clean up and get the kids to bed.  You know how it is.  Now I am taking a short break before I tackle the big mess I made in the guest room from cutting down the doors to size, gluing new tops and sanding.  I certainly know how to make a mess.

Hoping tomorrow I can get a few stitches in.

No comments:

Post a Comment