Wednesday 2 April 2014

Hand quilting

Sorry I missed posting yesturday. Was experiencing computer issues.  Just now got myself fixed with the help of a suggestion from a couple of people at work.

Today I didn't get a chance to do much quilting both with family life, and trying to fix the computer issue, but the night is still young.  I have another quilt from a friend who would like to have a bit of quilting done.  The quilt is for her granddaughter. It was mostly quilted by hand.  Very pretty and special.  It takes a lot of patience to quilt by hand.  I haven't acquired the patience yet.  The most I have completed with quilting by hand was my scrappy HST (half square triangles).  Here is a peak.
  

Not sure if you can see it but pretty amateurish big stitches, but I gave it a try.  I only did the one border and ran out of patience for it.  Maybe I can try it at another time.  Here is the whole wall hanging.  Yes, I know only a wall hanging and I could only do the one border. That is how it is.   These HST finish at 1 1/2" and the wall hanging is 33" x 40".


Now here on the other hand is someone who hand quilts most of her quilts.  Doesn't it look great? 


All those tiny stitches marching along in a straight line.  I was told by someone once that the straight lines are the most difficult to do.  Here is a sneak peak of the quilt, though not fully done.  Still some blocks that need to be done.  Isn't this gorgeous so far. Just so sweet.


Enjoy the evening everyone. I am going to turn on my audio book and get a few stitches done.

No comments:

Post a Comment