Sunday 13 April 2014

I went to Orillia

Today I went to Orillia.  There was a quilt show this weekend.  I almost missed it.  I just happened to see it listed on a calendar that I don't use regularly.  My son and I had a nice Sunday drive.  I would like to share with you a slideshow of the quilt show, but not sure yet how to do it.  I have been on the computer trying to figure it out for the past 2 hours, with no luck.  I will keep trying and hopefully another day I can show you the show.

After the show we went to some small antique shops. We had a leisure ride home taking all the side roads and enjoyed the scenery of open county fields.  We came across a solid wood store with custom wood work pieces.  I spotted a unit that I have been wanting to store and display my quilts.  Here is a picture.

*********

The unit is glass on all three sides and about 5 1/2' high with real leaded glass pains.  A simple design.  The doors slide to each side and I got the bonus drawer at the bottom that I hadn't thought of.

Sorry I couldn't give you a slide show, but I will keep trying.  In the meantime here are just a couple of pictures from the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment