Thursday 17 April 2014

Piecing time

Today I was able to get a couple of hours to do some piecing.  I was all over the place with part of this quilt and part of that one.  I just couldn't concentrate.  Too much running around today with issues to take care of, but I needed some me time desperately.  This week I am on vacation to catch up on home renovations, but I feel like I am not really accomplishing anything.  I know this is not true as I am working on the house, but all the stuff I am doing takes time and does not show.  Who is going to see that I repainted the ceiling white, repaired and repainted the walls, or sealed the grout of the shower tiles?  No one but me.  But it needs to be done.


In the picture above, at the top are the remaining spider web wedges, to the right below them are a couple more spools and below them are different pieces of Bonnie's Celtic mystery quilt that I am doing in Christmas fabrics.  I can now put the spider web quilt top together, the spools are starting to add up and the mystery quilt parts as well.  Do you see the little tiny HSTs (half square triangles) at the bottom right hand corner?  Those are from the chevrons just above the HSTs.  They measure only 1 1/4" square, which will finish at 3/4" square.  Yes, I think it is crazy to keep these.  With the amount of chevrons I have to do though I would end up with a lot of these HSTs.  I like to do mini quilts from time to time.  Maybe I could use them there.

People already think I am insane with all the quilts that I am working on, why not give them more to talk about?  Only people who are not quilters, actually think I am insane, because in comparisons to some quilters I am very tame.  I felt much more relaxed and at ease by the time I quit for the day.  Tomorrow is to be another busy day.  Being Good Friday the kids will be home. I need to paint the walls, baseboards and doors.  I will see what time I can allow for some me time piecing some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment