Tuesday 22 April 2014

Pine tree quilt

I thought I would share with you a quilt a friend of mine made that I quilted.  I call this the pine tree quilt. Pretty fall colours. Very cozy feel to it.


This next photo is the view of the border.  I quilted it in a triple cable design.  I don't have a close up of the trees, but they were quilted with a line going around the perimeter 1/4" inside the trees.  


The  next two photos are of the corners.  I designed a feather design to fit the space.  On the bottom photo you can just see the outer border with it's singe chain/diamond variation and on the left of that same photo you can see the edge of a star, quilted 1/4" from the edge.



I really like how the quilting turned out on this one.  My friend did too.  I trimmed up her quilt and I think she had the binding on within the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment