Thursday 3 April 2014

Hand work

Funny how yesturday I said I didn't have the patience to do hand quilting, when I can sit for hours doing hand work.  More specifically needle work.  I just got into appliqué.  Here is one corner of the sewing machine wall hanging.


I am working on the ribbon on the other side now.  I also like stitch work.  The ones I am making for my flower garden quilt.  I enjoy seeing the colours add interest to the pencil marks on a white fabric, like this.


Taking shape.  Everyone has their own thing.  Knitting, not for me. Crochet, also not for me.  Once you find your thing, you stay with it.  Quilting in general is definitely one of my things that I think will stay with me forever. Eleven years so far and I still have a large list of thing I want to do.  

Yesturday evening, I managed to get some more blocks assembled of my spider web quilt.  Unfortunately, I realize now that I also need to make some more blocks.  I need to extend the quilt two blocks wider and two blocks longer.  Thirty-two blocks altogether.  I will have to dig into the scrappy strips again.

This morning before work, I worked on the spools. Nineteen of them.  This evening I am going to take it easy and catch up on Quiltville to see what Bonnie is up to.  She is one of my biggest sources of inspiration.  If I only had her energy.  I could get so much more done.  

I will leave you with one of the needle work blocks from the garden flower quilt.  Like the block, like the saying.  Something to live by.


Goodnight everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment