Saturday 12 April 2014

Basket weave quilt

Today was another look after the house day.  I had to run out to get supplies to finish the bathroom.  When I got back, managed to remove all the silicone around the tub, in the shower stall and around the sink. Tedious stuff sure take a lot of time. Once that was done started removing the silicone from the granite counters in the kitchen.

As I didn't get a chance to do any quilting today, I thought I would share with you another scrappy quilt that I like to make.  It is a basket weave quilt.  This one is set on a diagonal. 

These quilts help use up the miscellaneous stripes in the scrap drawer.  Like the spider web anything goes for these ones as well. For this one I did a light, dark, light, dark strip until I filled up the square size I wanted.  These squares are 6" finished.  The size is a small lap quilt.  You can do any colour combination with this quilt and they look very good with a one colour scheme as well. A blue would like great with all different blues from baby blue to turquoise all the way up to navy blue.



Here is a close up picture that includes the border.  The next two photos are of the quilting.



The top quilting photo shows that quilting on a multi coloured background, which usually does not show up well.  The design comes in and out depending on the colour of the material and the colour of the thread.  The second photo shows the simple loop-da-loop design on the small border.  The large border was done up in stippling.  Due to the colour and business of the fabric with all the white lines, I knew no one would see anything that I did on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment