Monday 22 January 2024

Two new blocks to add to the mix or is that three

I've been having so much fun coming up with replacement blocks for the Heartfelt BMO quilt.  I do appreciate the pattern and all the work the designer put into it to offer it as a pattern, however this pattern leans to so many different variations.  Essentially, I take the pattern as being a suggestion.  It is up to each individual to do what they want with it to make it their own. 

I am keeping many of the blocks provided and the general layout of the different size blocks.  I have just added some additional blocks to replace some of the repetition. 


I am still debating whether I am redoing these four blocks above.  I don't like how the colours all look the same, and with this small sashing to correct the block size issue, you lose the secondary design where the small triangles would normally touch when the blocks are set side by side.  I am pretty sure, like 97% sure, that I will be redoing these blocks.....

These next two blocks, the X and O set together, are just me playing with the theme of the heart.  I think they are fitting.....hugs and kisses.....lol.  Ok.......maybe overboard, but don't burst my bubble and let me play with it.....lol.  I don't have to please anyone with this quilt, as it will likely be my quilt in the end.  I may even be a sappy gift to my husband....lol.


I am having fun with the whole design.  I am getting close with finishing all the blocks.  Once I get into it, I just can't seem to stop making them.  

Maybe if my eyes cooperate I can sew tomorrow.  I would like to start putting some more sections together.  I still have many of the letters for the border to do too.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment