Saturday 13 January 2024

Another variation for Quilt of Valour

A few of days ago I posted about a quilt using batik squares that a friend is trying to use up from her stash.  Here is another example of a pattern to use them up.  I am trying to remember all the tops she made using her 2 1/2" batik squares......I think there were five of them that I quilted.  I'll have to ask her.  I also am curious to find out now, how much of a dent she actually did make in her bin of squares.


Again, this quilt uses all the different colours in a rainbow and some......lol.  Anything goes, and it does go.  You add enough variety and it will all go together.  When doing this type of quilt, the trick is to have enough contrast from your background, and it appears to be mainly light and dark.  In this case the light is the background and medium and dark batiks are the darks.  The quilting on this one is a simple Jessica's Swirls from Urban Elementz.


It's another snowy day out there this morning.  It is supposed to stop some time around 10:00 am, but we already have a completely white winter wonderland.  I think I am going to stay cozy and warm at home today.

Take care everyone and stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment