Monday 8 January 2024

Starting to assemble some sections

I am itching to start seeing some real progress on this Heartfelt BOM quilt.  I've taken some blocks that form smaller sections and started putting them together.  I know that I risk the fact that when I get more blocks done, I may end up wishing it was in another position, but with what I did sew together, I am pretty sure I like what I have in placement.


The above picture has the three square-in-a-square blocks I made to replace a few of the hourglass units and the crazy block on the right is replacing a piano key block.  I am doing my blocks all scrappy and using up my stash.  There are some tiny pieces in here.....lol.  I am liking that fact.

The below picture has more crazy blocks and a paper piece heart block that someone in our small group shared with all of us.  Do you see that the repeat blocks like the nine patch and the variable star blocks are all coloured differently.  I think I am going a little overboard with making sure they are all different.  I think I'll like it, or it could just turn into one big hot mess, but I am going for it......lol


I am still liking the direction that the others are going with their blocks too.   We are getting together to sew on the 27th of this month.  Even though we are kind of following a guideline, we are also kind of going our own way and are at various stages in the process.  That's ok too!  

All the while that I am making these blocks and sewing things together, I am still working on my leader/ender of 2" squares.  I have a jar, almost full of two blocks sewn together and some into four patches.  This is all that I got together into twos just while assembling these sections above.  They add up pretty quickly.  It won't be long before I can put them into a quilt of their own.


Take care everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment