Thursday 25 January 2024

Sue's water colours quilt

With my eyes still healing, I am holding off on sewing.  Since I started back at work, my eyes have been very tired afterward.  So light stuff only for me this past week.  So I'll take you back to Feb 19/2023 with this quilt that belongs to Sue.  

This was a kit that Sue picked up, which was in batiks.  There were numerous different fabrics, like about 13 or more of them.  You really had to be careful not to mix up the fabrics as when they were cut up, it was sometimes hard to tell which was which.  

This quilt reminds me of water colours in the blues and greens heading toward seafoam.  It looks gorgeous on the king size bed.


Here is a close up of the centre.  Do you see how some of those fabrics are difficult to distinguish from one to the next?  Up closer, you can see a little more definition, but not by much.  That was the intent of the designer and why there were subtle differences between the fabric colours.  I spy nine pinwheel blocks in this next picture.  Can you see them?  Four of them are set straight and the other four are set on a diagonal.
 

Here is a shot of the corner of the quilt.  Even the borders have intricate details.  I don't know if you've noticed, but count them......there are nine borders to this quilt surrounding the centre square!!  Yikes!


This is a beautiful quilt, both the pattern design and the lovely colours used to make it.  I have the pattern to this quilt and thought that one day I may want to make it, but I wouldn't know what colourway I would want to use.  I'd want it different, but what?

Have a great night everyone.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment