Wednesday 10 January 2024

A Quilt of Valour quilt ready to go (QW)

I have a customer who is going with gusto and trying to use up her stash of 2 1/2" batik squares.  This quilt did some dent in her bins, but I am sure only just a small dent......lol.  It always amazes me how far the scraps will go.

This is a large quilt going to Quilt of Valour.  There is a rhyme and reason to the pattern.  The blocks appear to be random, but everything goes together well with two halves flipped.  It makes it easier to work with these more manageable size blocks, sash them and put a border.  I am keeping this picture under QW - quilt want-to-be, for future use.  I too have many squares that I need to use up.  I am currently sewing up two at a time as my leader/ender, while making other quilts.  

This is one pattern she made.  Later I will show you another one she made, that I recently quilted.


Here is a close up of the corner, showing the numerous pretty and colourful fabrics she used in this quilt.  The more the merrier.  The sashing being a neutral pulls it all together.  The quilting on this quilt was Jessica's Swirls from Urban Elementz.

Take care everyone!  Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment