Sunday 21 January 2024

I am back!

I am back from being off since my eye procedure on Wednesday morning.  It wasn't until today, Sunday, that I could say that I am back to pre procedure.  I go back this Wednesday to get the protective lens removed from my eye and now I wait for another call to do the left eye.  Please be patient.

Since I was not able to sew for that whole length of time, you can just imagine, my boredom and almost going around the bend.......lol.  I am not a very good patient when I basically can't do anything.  Couldn't even open my eyes for a couple of days.  But glad that is over!

During my boredom, the quilting ideas were flying through my head.  First think I did when I am able to turn on the sewing machine to sew......is start a new test block......lol.  They call this block a disappearing hourglass, but the initial block you actually make is a broken dishes block......?  Doesn't make sense to me, but oh well.


Most people make this block using a layer cake (10" squares), but I have parts of charm packs that I was able to match several pairs.  I am not sure what size the finished block would be if using the layer cake, but when using two charms with two charm backgrounds, where you make two HSTs (half square triangles) per charm pair, the block finishes at 7 3/4" (7 1/4" finished in the quilt).  

It sounds like an odd size, but that is not a big deal.  Now I have a pattern, for a quilt, that I have wanted to make for a while.  I can use up all these gifted charms for either QOV (Quilt of Valour) or QFS (Quilts for Survivors) and this test block above is the beginning of a NICU quilt for Project Linus.  All a win win!!

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment