Sunday 7 January 2024

My year end UFO list

This morning, as I sit here, with my tea in a mug my daughter gave me for Christmas, I realize that I have not reviewed and closed off my year of 2023.


My kids find that I am too cheerful in the morning.....lol......hence the mug "Hello, sunshine"....lol.  Just saying the words out loud in an exaggerated way, makes me happy.  It sets the mood for the rest of the day.

So here I am reviewing my list.  I am getting ruthless with my UFOs, trying to be realistic with what I want to do.  Though I set a goal to bring down my UFO list to only 10 items, I kept adding stuff to the list throughout the year, causing me to finish with 16.  

I choose to look at it in a positive light.  I started with 24 items and finished with less, and in the process, I finished 16 quilts.  I think that is pretty impressive for all that I had going on this past year.

As I mentioned earlier, I am being ruthless this year with my UFOs.  So I got real and evaluated two of my older UFOs, to figure out why they are still not done.  In the end, I figured I lost interest in them and didn't like the direction they were going.  I feel that life in general is too short to force yourself to do something you really don't like, so I have decided to abandon these two quilts.  The one I dismantled and added the fabric back into my scraps.  The second one, my mom decided she would see what she can do with it.  

Overall I am happy with the progress I had in 2023.  When I look at my list above, I see another positive thing.  All the pink is stuff done previously and the blue is stuff I did in 2023.  The list is telling me that for the most part, what I am starting, I am finishing.  There is a lot of blue on the bottom half of the list, which tells me too, that if the item sits on the list too long, the chances of it getting done reduces.

In 2024, I am going to really have to examine the stuff I didn't touch in 2023 and either be ruthless or concentrate on getting those ones done.  For now, I think I do like everything on my list and do want to see them completed, so maybe I will pick one at a time and see it through to completion.  Though to be honest........we are just in the beginning of January.......and I have already added nine more quilts......yes, you heard that right.....nine.......but to my credit, I have already finished one, a second is just waiting to be quilted and four of them are at the row assembly or borders part

Some of these were added while I was cleaning up my sewing space and found various items left over from other quilts, and that I intend to make a charity quilt with, so I don't feel bad about increasing my list.  Everything will get done.  It's just a matter of time.  I am looking at my list differently these days, so I think that is a good thing.

I highly suggest you start on a positive note this year, so take the time to pat yourself on the back for all the accomplishments you did this year.  You deserve it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment