Wednesday 29 November 2023

A paper piece heart block

Since the weekend, I've not had much time to work on the Heartfelt BOM blocks.  I really only need one more monkey wrench block to finish all of my December's blocks, so I am not doing too bad.  

When we were swapping either fabric or block ideas, one of the patterns that was shared was this heart paper piece block (those little tabs at the top will not be there once they are sewn into the quilt).  This is one of the blocks I plan on substituting.  The white fabric, is a swap from another one of the ladies in our little group.  We are all going to have a bit of each person in our quilts.  So cute!


I plan to make four of these hearts.  Three to place together, all in a row.  Maybe two reds and a pink, and another one to be on it's own, elsewhere in the quilt.

I am also experimenting with this next block.  Not sure if it will make the cut, but I will wait to have them all together to decide.  This block will be done four times, but with different red fabrics.  They will be placed together, but rotated, so that the dark pink is all in the centre of the final larger block.  The darker pink would in the end make a larger pinwheel with blades.  Hard to explain, so you may just have to wait and see what I mean on this one.


I also took a picture of my design wall and how it looks now.  It is amazing how quick it is filling in.  Do you see the new blocks I made?  The variable stars are done. The nine-patch blocks are done.  I already had the road block blocks done, that form the X and O.  I also now have the  monkey wrench blocks in the top right hand corner, plus the large and small paper piece heart blocks.


I think I said this already, but I'll say it again.  As I have finished the December's blocks already, I am planning to work on the words that are going around the perimeter of the quilt.  That should take me a good amount of time to do and with all the Christmas stuff to fit in, I think that will be enough.

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment