Monday 6 November 2023

Eagle quilt

I know it's late, but thought I would share with you all the pumpkins my daughter and her boyfriend carved for Halloween.  It goes to show that you are never to old to enjoy the seasonal activities.  The top one is carved with a Pokémon face and the second is a cute scarred face.  They also looked cute when they were lit up on Halloween night.


On to the quilting part of the blog. As you know, this last weekend I had the pleasure of attending a quilting retreat.  It was great!  The company, comradery, food, relaxation away from all the household responsibilities even if only for the weekend.  It was all so good.   

I brought a few things to do, depending on how it went and my mood at the time.  When I got there Friday morning and set up, my first thought was, what to do, what to do......  I took a big calming breath and just dove right in.   

This was my first project.  On this quilt top, all I had left was to attach the bottom tree border and the last two outer borders.  It still took me a while to do them, but oh it was so exciting to have a quickish finish.  The quilt is called Beneath the Stars which uses a panel from Northcott called Soar, as well as the coordinating fabrics. Designed Karen Schindler Bialik of The Fabric Addict.  Size approx 60" x 80"


This pattern is so well designed that it uses all the attributes of each fabric to the fullest.  There was an Ambre fabric that was used for the first border that takes the gradation of the colour to represent the white sky down to the blueish mountains all the way to dark blue for the forest.  Every piece of fabric played a roll.  It was very well thought out.  The kit even gave you enough fabric to fussy cut centres for the stars. Take a look at the picture below for just a few stars.


I worked on the panel, the border of stars and finishing off at the border of trees at home.  When I got to the retreat, I added the trees and the last two outer borders.


Now all I have to do is quilt it and bind it!  I can't believe I am already done this quilt!  It sat around at my place in a half state for a long while.  But now it's done!  YEAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment