Tuesday 21 November 2023

Quilt for Survivors and inspiration pattern called The Penny Quilt (QW)

Yesturday was busy for me at work and home, so no quilting going on and this week looks like overtime at work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.......I will try to get some time in.....

In the meantime, let me take you back again to Dec/2022: 

This is a quilt I quilted for Quilts for Survivors,  It's a pretty quilt and easy enough to make.  I like those pinwheels.  The block is essentially a rail fence block, with putting a triangle on the edge of the first and last strip, prior to assembling the block, snowball style.  This makes a great stash buster quilt.  I've quilted now a  blue one and this green one.  Both look great!


Also last year November, I purchased this pattern, called The Penny Quilt.  I am taking it out now, as I really want to find some time to make this quilt.  The reason I want to really do it now, is I realized that this would look great in Christmas fabrics.  I have a bunch of Christmas fabrics and scraps that would work very well here. I can't wait to dig in!


The pattern comes in three sizes and uses up a lot of variety in fabrics.  Fat quarter friendly too!


Just in case anyone is curious, the (QW) in the title of this post, stands for Quilt Want-to-be (Wannabe)......lol.  A term I use for quilts I would like to make.  I add it to the title, because once it is posted, at any time, I can do a quilt search with (QW) and all of the quilts I may want to do will come up.  Much easier to find things.

A little funny bit of info.....  If any of you have teen aged kids, you may be able to relate.  They get to an age that they are trying to be "mature" and try to act emotionless.......like no expressions on their faces......minimal words, that sort of thing.....Thank goodness that period is in the past.  All through this time period I, would go out of my way to be silly, just so I could see a crack of a smile, or the eye roll, anything to get an expression.....I still do it, but now I do it to uphold my kids opinion of me, that I am going crazy.......lol.   Anyways, way back when, I had a jar called Quilt Want-to-be.  I thought nothing of it, it was just a silly game I played to motivate me when I didn't know what to do.  Well one day, my son walks into my sewing space and his eyes catch a glimpse of the jar.  He looked at me with the "What" expression, you know the one that is a cross between asking the question or thinking I've lost it.  To his expression, I said......you know like the cool kid wannabe, that is the jar of quilt wannabes......to which he couldn't contain himself and outright laughed out loud.......it was priceless!

Have a great day everyone.....even with this rain.  It's the middle of the day and I have to have the lights on.....yuke!  But.....we do need the rain.  All the new bushes and trees I planted need to get a good soak before winter comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment