Saturday 25 November 2023

Heartfelt BOM sewing day

Today was so nice.  We ended up with four of us sewing away on our blocks.  Everyone sharing what they've done, what they plan to do and getting ideas along the way.  I couldn't have spent a nicer day.  With all the sharing and activities,  I didn't get much sewing done.....lol.....but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I just now looked at the time and realized, I may not make posting for today, as it is less than half hour before midnight.  After everyone left I stayed to do some more sewing.  

I had great plans of finishing my seven variable stars and maybe some letters and taking pictures of everyone's progress today......well........I got one picture of one person's blocks.....but it was constant go and I was completely distracted all day.

Aren't the blocks above so pretty?  One of the things we did when we got together, was share something with each person.  For the person above, I shared an orange and background floral to make her four tulip block.  Those three at the bottom left corner is what she had so far.  She shared with me two different patterns for paper piece blocks, which I will show in another post.

Another person shared with me this 6 1/2" crazy piece heart block.  I made this just now.  This is great!  It and the other two patterns will add something different to my quilt.  It's really going to be great!


One of the ladies was making nine-patch blocks, so I was itching to do some too, and I did!  I did get two variable stars done as well.  Do you see all the new blocks on the design wall?  It's starting to fill in.


I am going to leave it at that today, as I want to get this posted before midnight.  Only 6 minutes left and I still have to proof read.  lol......sorry, but more to come tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

1 comment:

  1. looking great. -- what great fun to get together!

    ReplyDelete