Thursday 23 November 2023

Sandi's quilt

It is now after 8:00pm and I still have to eat dinner.  Long day at work and training in new things, really taxes my brain....lol.  Looking forward to relaxation tonight, until I have to take the dog out for  a walk.

Today, I thought I would take you back again to Dec/2022, with this quilt made by a customer, for her niece.  The block almost looks like interwoven pieces.  I like her use of multiple light background fabrics.  It adds a bit more interest.


Sandi wanted the spunky Apricot's Daisy pattern for the quilting, as she thought it would be something her niece would like.  It turn out good and adds another layer to the background, where you see the quilting the most.  The coloured fabrics are nice and bright, but not in your face kind of bright.  From my recollection, I feel the picture does not do the quilt justice.  I think the colours stand out a bit more in person.

Have a great night everyone, I am off to go eat, and put my feet up.  I'm getting excited.....as we used to say to the kids, only two more sleeps......lol......until I get to sew all day with our little group of ladies doing the Heartfelt quilt.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment