Saturday 18 November 2023

Donna's reversable star quilt

Taking you back to Dec/2022:

As I was writing my last post, I realized that I had another example of a quilt with intertwining squares.  This one has a different centre.  This customer made this quilt, I believe, for her niece.  She made it a double sided quilt.  While loading the quilt on the longarm, I had to centre both the top star and the bottom star.  A bit tricky.


I've seen these patterns done in many different colours and they all look great.  The graphics of the design draws your attention.  This next picture is the back side of the quilt that I had to centre.


As for progress on my Heartfelt BOM quilt.....well, I am working on the background squares.  All the squares are white background with red or pink designs (mostly red). I have a whole stack of small leftovers, from fat quarters, from making my Canada's 150th birthday quilt in red and white.  What you see in the picture below are three separate pieces.  The middle section is waiting for the blocks inside the heart in order to assemble it completely, but one of those blocks is not expected to be made until March or April.


I like the subtleness of the pink perimeter blocks, though the lighting makes them a bit lighter than they appear on person.  I really have to look into getting better lighting down here in the basement.  Pot lights just don't do it. Even with the additional spot light that I pulled out, to see if it would be better.  I know they are not pretty, but florescent lights tend to distribute the light much better.

I'm posting this post earlier today, as I don't know where I will be at this evening. Yesturday was just too late when I got home from my mom's place to post.  We are already watching Christmas movies....lol.  Today, shortly, my mom and I are heading to a quit store about an hour from here called Creekbank Sewing Centre in Conn, ON.  They have a new location at 031385 Grey Rd 14, Conn, ON L0G 1N0.  If I remember to take pictures, I'll post about it tomorrow.  

Take care everyone and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment