Friday 1 December 2023

A couple more Quilts for Survivor quilts shipped

Friday!!  Yeah!  I am so glad it is Friday.  Not sure exactly why, but it felt like such a long week.  No time in my quilting room makes me cranky and I haven't been in my sewing room all week.   I did get a bit of hand sewing done in the morning before work, while having my tea.  I finished another hexagon diamond today and started the last of four more left to be done.  Picture is what it is, as it was an overcast morning with a bit of snow falling.   


Four more to go!!  Whoo hoo!  I can't believe how close I am to finishing this quilt.  Four more diamonds to go, four more florets to go and only two thirds of the bottom outer border left to go.  Yes, still many hours of handwork, but really, this is nothing compared to where I started.

I know this alone may be boring to some, so I pulled out a couple of pictures of quilts I quilted for Quilts for Survivors from Jan 28/2023:

This first one is simple squares, however their brightness and being set on a diagonal makes them look good!  The fabrics are all batiks.  This was a donated top that I quilted and shipped out to a survivor.


There was this one.  Also a donation.  Not sure if you recall, but on November 21st, I posted about a similar quilt, all done in green with the pinwheels.  This is the one I spoke of, in that post, that is all in blue.  Even though it is all in blue, the multi tones of blues really add texture and makes it look like a quilt of many colours.  Simple yet effective.  Both quilts measure approx. 48" x 60".


I am off to a wedding tomorrow, so that will likely run late into the night.  So, there won't be a post tomorrow.  I am hoping to get to some customer quilts on Sunday and maybe have some time to play in my fabric a bit after that.  Will post what I was up to later.

Take care everyone, and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment