Sunday 17 December 2023

Busy last couple of days (mostly none quilting related)

Starting with Saturday, which started at a rude 6:00 am, when my body decided we had a lot to do, so it's time to get up.....I hate when that happens, but fighting it gets me nowhere.  Up I get.  Take a shower, get something to eat and chat with my daughter, who as it happens was experiencing the same thing this Saturday morning.

This is the last weekend before Christmas to start my Christmas shopping, as I would never go on the 23rd/24th weekend.  First I have a dentist appointment at 9:30 am, and pick up my mom to head to Costco. I was lucky and found a few gift there, but primarily I went to get all the hors d' oeuvres for New Years Eve.  We were very lucky as it was not overly busy, so we were in and out, sort of speak.  

On to the mall to do some real Christmas shopping with a long list to get for.  I had my son, daughter, her boyfriend, and six young nieces and nephews, plus my daughter's friend to get for.  Things were moving along great!  I don't remember having it so easy.  By 7:00 pm I am arriving home, grab a bit to eat and start tackling the wrapping business.  That though, took me a while.  Now this is what the Christmas tree looks like all decorated and presents under the tree.


Note how the dog decided to get into the picture. Possibly hoping to get a treat....lol.  I do love those sacks that I got for my son and daughter, to contain all the gifts together.  They like them too.  They just settle down with their sacks and we all enjoy taking turns opening gifts.  Anyways, it wasn't until just past midnight when I was finally able to get to bed, after cleaning up all the wrapping paper mess.

The next day, today/Sunday, started off lovely with my husband serving me tea in bed.  Always love that!   While having my tea, I am planning my day.  Trying to figure out all that has to be done and wondering what else I can fit in.

I decided to load a quilt on the longarm first thing, as I had a customer pick up scheduled for 11:00 am.  It took me a while, but I got that quilt quilted by 3:00 pm, with only a quick lunch break, and on to the second one.  This second one is a gift to my brother.  All the while, I am standing there taking care of the quilts quilting, I am thinking of rearranging some things in my space.  Pictures will follow, once the gift has been given. 

Once all of that was done, I moved furniture.....lol.  Nothing like the presence.  My large armoire got moved to the other room to store all my samples, the puzzle table had to be relocated for the armoire to take it's place, the treadle moved over to another room, where I will have better access to it, to learn how to sew on it.  The usual that happens when moving furniture....all putting stuff back in there places, washing things up and vacuuming.

Very productive two days.  I am feeling really good with everything that got done, especially the Christmas gifts!  I can say I am DONE!  Now I can take it easy this week and anticipate Christmas Eve, when we do the first round of opening up the gifts, with just our immediate family.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Take care and especially at this time of year, don't forget to take some time for yourself, to rest and recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment