Friday 8 December 2023

Winter and maple syrup

I've been working overtime all week and haven't been able to do any sewing or much of anything really.  Tomorrow I am planning on setting up the house for Christmas, but still hoping to have a bit of time to do something in my sewing room.

In the meantime, I thought I would share a couple of unrelated to quilting thoughts.  The first one is from a week and a half ago, when we had the snowfall followed by some rain.  As the temperatures were still below freezing the snow basically turned to ice.  It was quite treacherous to drive or walk in.  I had to wear slip on cleats over my boots to walk the dog.......lol

I have to say though, that it was a beautiful scenic walk.  It is so pretty when the tree branches are shimmering with the icicles.  The picture does not capture the whole mystical scene that I experienced during my evening walk.


The second thing, is in the picture below.  I was completely shocked when I saw it in with the Christmas decorations.  Now, it may not be an unusual thing to see cans of Pure Maple Syrup, as we do live in Canada, however this is not what you may think it is......  Did you know that you can get maple syrup scented candles!  Candles!!  Only in Canada.....  Like many others, I may love the smell of warmed up maple syrup pour over a stack of pancakes of waffles, with a bit of butter, but candles?  I don't know......I think someone has gone a bit overboard......I mean, really?    To each his/her own I guess.

I saw these candles while I was out getting nylons for a wedding I went to.  While I was there, I also picked up advent calendars for my mom and my children.  I can't believe a week has already past in December.  Time is just flying by.

Tomorrow I plan on putting up the Christmas decorations.  What do you plan for the weekend?  Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment