Friday 31 July 2015

Working on the Midnight Flight quilt again

A few days ago I was working on my Tiny Town blocks number 5 & 9.  While assembling the blocks I realized that I did not have a leader ended out. I finished all the pre-cut units I had for my drunkard's path.  Here are the last units, all trimmed up nice and neat, until I cut up some more.  There are enough here to make another two full blocks.


I looked around to figure out what I could use as a leader/ender.  I didn't want to waste time, so when I spotted the blocks for the Midnight Flight quilt I immediately thought, why not!  Midnight Flight is currently my main project that I am working on, but I had taken a short break to do other things.

Now it can do double duty and be my leader/endear project too.  These are the last pieces I need to sew together before I move on to the next step.  They are all chained together in a four-patch unit.  It makes it easier to sew them without worry about them being mixed up or sewn in the wrong orientation.


Or so I thought!!!  Do you see what happened in the blocks below?  I was ironing some blocks that I made a while back and noticed the four-patch is twisted the wrong way.  So, as every quilter must do in there lift time, more often than desired, I had to frog them, rip-it rip-it!


It didn't take me that long though and before I knew it the squares were rotated and sewn back together.  This next picture is my container for the quilt pieces for Midnight Flight.  On the right hand side are all the pieces that are done already and on the left side are the pieces that I will need for the next step.  Beneath the chevrons on the left I have the last of the four-patches in green and in blue to finish the whole block.  It's coming along nicely.


It went a bit faster too doing them as leader/enders.  Once these blocks are done I can either put them together to get the centre of the quilt top done, or I can work on the other chevrons that are navy in the middle with green on one side and turquoise blue for the other side.  These new chevrons will make up the pieces for the border.

No quilting for me tonight, I am heading out to visit our newest addition to the family. One of my nieces and her husband had their first baby.  A boy they named Hayden.  Love that name!  This makes me a Great Auntie.  I always bug them by making an emphasis on the "GREAT" part. LOL!!!

Tomorrow is another day.  We will see what it will bring us.  Have a GREAT one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment