Thursday 9 July 2015

Great Granny squared using retro coloured fabrics

Here is another quilt on my bucket list of quilts using retro fabric.  This one is vary simple with mainly squares.  I intend to use up the left over scraps. I believe the squares measure 1 1/2" finished.

The quilt I intend to do is the white background quilt on the cover, against the wall, but I was thinking of making the actual blocks the size of the quilt laying on the seat of the bench on the cover page.  The one with the pink background. 


I really like the neatness of this quilt.  Even though it is a scrappy quilt, it is still organized with the colour placement.  The picture below shows you some samples of the fabric.  They're all bright and cheerful colours without being primary kids fabric.


Here below are some of the colour families that make up this retro list.  The only colour missing from these pages is an orange. When doing my quilt I would minimize the brown category.


Here is a closer look at the quilt and various other projects you can do from the book.


I enjoyed just looking through the book. The book is by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet. She has other books as well. Another one I have by Lori is called Quilty Fun.  This one is cute and as the title implies, it's more playful.

No comments:

Post a Comment