Tuesday 28 July 2015

Started working on the Tiny Town blocks 5 & 9

Yesturday I had a day off.  What did I do on my day off you ask?  I did a bit of this, a bit of that and a lot of stuff.  The first thing I did was work on the paper work for adopting our family Vizsla.  I have finally decided that we are ready for another dog.  It's been three years that we lost Buddy, we miss him.  The kids are soooo excited.  Me I am excited and nervous as well.  This breed is very active and we have been out of touch with caring for an animal for a while.  I know it is natural and like riding a bike, but we have to go though the training all over again.  If everything goes well we should have her by winter.

After that I worked on my journal and looked at some new recipes I want to try.  Once I did this I figured that I couldn't procrastinate any longer, so I finished cutting out all the pieces for my Tiny Town quilt block number five that I started on Sunday.  It's now ready to sew.  There is a lot of work to be done on the bottom portion.


After lunch, made by my daughter, I worked on cutting out block number nine between doing other things.  After sorting out and cleaning up my sitting area of all the stuff like the books and magazines that I had to deal with, I went back to cutting and finished block number nine.


Before I started block number nine though, I took a break to do something that I have been wanting to try for a while.  I took a 3/16" piece of plastic that we had here and cut out the beach ball paper template.  I cut it out using a regular jig saw and took a rough sand paper and sanded down the edges to make them smooth.  

I was so pleased with the results, I went ahead and cut out the templates for the reconstruction Dresden plate quilt that I had and the reconstruction six-point star.  It worked out great.  Now I have the templates for cutting the shapes out accurately.


I will show you more about the beach ball template later.  It is a new quilt I will be working on.  I haven't started the quilt yet, but I will soon.  I will be able to start this new one guilt free, because it will be a charity quilt.  You will have to wait and see for the rest later.

Today I have another day off and I plan to do a lot again today.  Hope everyone has been enjoying their summer thus far.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment