Tuesday 14 July 2015

A sample churn dish block

A while back, maybe a couple of weeks ago, I had an urge to make a sample block of a block called Monkey Wrench. Depending on the colour placement, it can completely change the look of the block.  The pattern that I have been drawn to lately has been the layout where the blocks are side to side and the light fabric, where I put the green in mine, connects to it's neighbour. The quilt pattern is usually call a dash lay out, because the lights make a dash effect across the quilt as they are surrounded by the dark fabrics.  


This is my one block.  I thought it would be enough to satisfy my itch to start this quilt, but it hasn't.  I still want to do a scrappy monkey wrench quilt set side by side.  I am holding myself back on this one.  Not only do I have many I need to do first, but this one will be completely consuming.  It will be so much fun to select different colours from all the scraps and push the limits with colour combinations.  This quilt when I do start it will be completely scrappy with no block alike.

For now I just admire the one block on my design wall while I work on other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment