Monday 13 July 2015

Working on the Scrappy Strips quilt and getting some Drunkard's Pathunits done

Yesturday I was working on the scrappy strips quilt and getting some drunkard's path units done. On the Scrappy Strip quilt I got all the horizontal rows done and on the Drunkards Path quilt I got 17 little units done.  It takes 16 little units to make a block, so that means I have enough to make another block.  Little by little it will get done, all between making other quilts.

Here are the Drunkard's Path units.  They just need to be trimmed and assembled.


Here is the Scrappy Strips centre all trimmed down.  All the scraps that were trimmed off the edges will now go back into the scrap bin and wait to be added into the next scrap quilt.


Now I will look to put the borders on.  I have a piece of solid navy blue fabric that I will use for the borders and the backing is a wide fabric with the Bears(football) logo and mascot.  Their colours are orange and navy blue.  That will work out nice.

This is a giveaway quilt.  It will be going to charity. This quilt is compliments of my friend Sandra for the backing, plus the red heart fabric and various other fabric pieces on the front, my friend Yvon for some of the fabric pieces on the front and a previous quilt bee member Florence for the borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment