Wednesday 8 July 2015

A quilt I want to make using retro coloured fabrics

Not much quilty stuff going on here these last couple of days.  Still working on the Tiny Town appliqué blocks. It's looking like this time I may not meet the deadline with all the detail work left to do.  But I will keep working on it.  So today I thought I would share with you a quilt I like.

This is a quilt I have wanted to make using retro fabrics.  That would be the time period after the 30's-40's fabric.  Some of the patterns are similar, but most are a bit more geometric, or larger type designs.  It's hard for me to explain, but there is a definite feel to them of being more casual, friendly, every day type fabric.  Some would even pass as women's day dress type fabrics.

The cover page is the quilt I want to make.  It's from McCall, called Fast Favorites From McCall Quilting.  The shapes of this pattern are a bit bigger.  This will help show off the individual fabrics and it should also help to make the quilt sew up faster too.


The centre of the quilt is what I was drawn to.  I may decide to do some other border, but I am not thinking that far ahead yet.  I am not ready to start this one.


Thus far I have just been dreaming about all the cool funky fabrics I will use to make it.  This past week while out with the kids, I did get to pick up some fat quarters.  I will slowly collect some small pieces of fabrics for now, until I can get a chance to start.

There are a few different quilts that I want to make with this type of fabric.  First though I have to get some of the other quilts done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment