Saturday 1 August 2015

More pinks and purples in my garden

Warning!  Non-quilty post.  Posting a couple of things that are of interest to me.

I was out in my garden again admiring the flowers.  I do have a lot of pinks and purples. The first two pictures are of phlox.  The flowers in the top picture are in the back of the yard where it doesn't get a lot of sun so they are just starting to bloom.  The ones in the second picture are at the side of the house where it is sunny and warm from the bricks of the house.  They are almost done with blooming



We have the bee balm. They are actually deeper wine/purple colour.  They are also on the sunny side of the house and are also just finishing off blooming.

 

Just beside the bee balm I have these spikes that are just started to bloom and will continue to bloom all the way down the stem.  I forget what these are called.  They're pretty, aren't they?


Lastly, I'd like to share with you the breed that we have decided to adopt.  It's a Vizsla.  We put a deposit down and hope to have a new puppy join our family, sometime in the winter.  The breeder hopes to breed the dogs on September.  

A bit of trivia for you.  Did you know how long a dog is pregnant?  


A dog is pregnant for only 63 days and they have many at one time.  Isn't that amazing!  Not like us humans who are pregnant for over nine months, and for the most part only have one.

We are all so excited!!! We want one now.  It is going to be difficult waiting.  I think this little puppy is so adorable.  I just want to hug him/her.

As it is a long weekend, I am sure to get some quilt related stuff accomplished.  Stay tuned for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment