Wednesday 5 August 2015

Texas Braid quilt

I spoke of the Texas Braid quilt in an earlier post last week.  I mentioned that my mom is now making one.  Well I started cutting one out a while ago, as I was cleaning up my scraps.  This is what I had done.


This weekend I was sick on Sunday and Monday on this long weekend, but I was fighting it and refusing to let it wipe me out.  I succeeded on Sunday with only having to take two small naps, but Monday was many naps.  I did not want to be sick, but who does.  Anyways, between my naps I did some cutting.  I started with my already cut 2" strips drawer.  


I didn't do much to the dark piles but I did empty my lights.  Once my lights were empty I went to my scrap basket and cut all that I could from there. That still was not enough for variety, so I took out some of my yardage.


While cutting up some of my yardage I was able to replenish my lights in my drawer.  A bit anyways.


Now I have all the pieces cut for the Texas Braid quilt. All the pieces are nice and neat in my plastic container.  There it will sit until I am ready to start sewing it.  Having everything cut and ready, makes these quilts easy to start.  Not that I am ready for it, but now I also need to wait until my mom is done with my book that has the pattern in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment