Monday 3 August 2015

Carol's appliqué heart

I want to share with you a project from one of my Quilting Bee friends.  Carol came to the bee meeting a few weeks ago with this pretty block.  I saved the picture for now so that I could also add in all the information regarding the block.


The block comes from Baltimore Beauties and Beyond, Vol. Two, by Elly Sienkiewicz.  Carol was fortunate to have taken a class in '94 called Variation on Rosebud Wreath.  The block was done for quite some time and now Carol has decided that the block needs to be completed.


Carol is now done the block and will make it into a wall hanging.  The quilting was simple but effective.  The wreath was echo stitched and there were lines about half inch apart that were done on the corners, all going in the same direction.  There were two small sections that were left blank, running along the upper left and the bottom right of the wreath..


I took these next two pictures so that I could see how she framed the block.  Carol's husband made this frame.  I thought it was great, as it kept the work taught.  Carol was nice enough to write down the instructions on how to make one and she even gave me a set of the screws, washers and wing nuts.  I will have to pick up some wood to make one.


This is a close up picture to make sure I can see the details, when I attempt to make one.  I do have a Q-snap frame that I can use for hand work, but I don't like that it always needs to be tightened.  I like this frame better.

Thank you Carol for sharing your work with us and for sharing the frame details.

No comments:

Post a Comment