Sunday 31 May 2015

Working on the 3D pinwheel quilt

Working on the 3D pinwheel quilt. Yesterday, I finished quilting it.  I started the day by piecing the background, sandwiched it, did the stitch in the ditch to stabilize the prairie points.  By this point it was time to make lunch.  After lunch I started quilting the middle, and move on to the borders.  It was great, it went so smoothly.

I am so happy this one is done.  The shower is coming up shortly.  After dinner I ironed the binding and sewed it on.  Now I have to tack it down by hand.  I am not going to show any pictures yet.  Not until I finish the binding.

So.....instead I thought I would share with you part of my front garden.  This first picture is a view from a few steps down from the front door.  To the right of the picture, not seen here, is a bench.  This is about what you would see from the bench or the front window.  It is all new and still needs to fill in some, but it is getting there.


This next picture is the one corner beside the driveway, left of the picture above.  This view is from the walkway looking toward the house.  As you can see the walkway turns to the right and leads to the stairs on the left turn.


The pictures were taken right after a rain fall.  I love how the colours stand out so much after it rains.  The lime greens are brighter and the green of the yew bush seems deeper.  So pretty.

Today I did some more quilting on my log cabin quilt, but again I won't be showing you the pictures yet.  Not until the quilt is done.  I am hoping that will be soon.  I have been wanting this one done for quite some time.  Anyways I am hoping everyone had a great weekend.  Enjoy the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment