Tuesday 19 May 2015

Block #4 - Stashbuster's Ugly Sunshine BOM quilt

This next block is pretty.  There are so many pieces which means there are so many ways you can do the block.  It was amazing what came out of the group of Stashbusters. They were all so different, not only from colours and the different materials people used, but also the placement of dark and light.  Some of the blocks you had to look twice to see that it was in fact the same block.


For me, I decided to break it down to colour.  I was liking the emphases on the blue and green, so I continued that here.  In some spots I disregarded the light and dark placement, just to get the right proportion of my coloured fabrics into the block.  Because my main fabric is the darkest, where ever I put it is where the block will stand out the most.  In my case the outer chevrons.  


So now it's your turn.  What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment