Saturday 30 May 2015

Bottom floret number three is done

Bottom floret number three is done.  This floret is the only one that I have that will be this type of purple.  I like purple, but it looks too close to the purple of the border.

With the appliqué Tiny Town blocks that I am working on, this quilt has been put aside for a bit.  It only gets to come out when I am done my homework for class, so needless to say it is going to take a little longer to do.  That is ok though, as this quilt does not have a timeline and is something that I am enjoying the process of.  In between assembling these florets and the appliqué Tiny Town, I am still taking the diamond hexagons apart.  No rush there either.  Always lots to do.


As I said earlier, I like purple, so I thought I would share some of the purple blooms from my garden.  Here are some purple Japanese Iris.  The shade of purple can almost be described as blue.  What you don't see just yet is the bush behind the Iris. It is a Lilac bush and the colours of the blooms are a soft purple, almost lavender, but a bit deeper.  It it a young bush, as I just planted it last year.  It had only two blooms on it this year.  I am looking forward to next years blooms.


I also like my pinks.  Here I took a picture of the Bleeding Heart that I planted last year too.  Already this garden is looking very full.  Beneath the Bleeding Heart are some purplish pink ground cover.  If you look closely at the top of this picture you can just see a small bit of the purple Iris.


As you have probably noticed, I love my gardens.  They are a constantly changing canvas, with all the colours and all the different seasons.  Always a work in progress.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment