Wednesday 20 May 2015

Block #5 - Stashbuster's Ugly Sunshine BOM quilt

We are now on block #5.  This block consists of eight flying geese, four half square triangles and a square in a square. My apologies for the error on the draft picture, I just realized I forgot the centre section. Please refer to my coloured picture for the details, as I am unable to correct it at this time.  This is a simple enough block, but could be a bit of a challenge for a beginner.  Just take your time and pay attention to your 1/4" seam allowance.


On this block I went with the dominant colours as green and blue, again.  I just like how they like good together.  The two colours compliment each other.  I added a small dose of the purple and orange and finished it off with the yellow and main fabric.


Looking at the picture just now, I realize a completely different way to colour this block.  I am seeing the first flying geese close to the centre as another square in a square.  You could do those points all the same fabric to emphasize them, instead of the double flying geese.

Any which way you do it, it is your choice.  Experiment with lights and darks or colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment