Monday 4 May 2015

Tiny Town progress on block two

Yesturday was another beautiful day.  The sun was out, but not too hot.  I did some clean up in the garden, while my niece and her husband came over to use the BBQ and their kids horses around with my son.  I took a bit of time to check out all the different plants sprouting and the tulips in bloom.  Even some of the trees are in flower.  At this house, I only really started playing in the garden last year, so this year I am seeing the changes take shape.  It's nice to watch.

Before I got out into the garden I had my morning tea while working on my hand appliqué.  Block number two is due by May 16th.  Two weeks have passed and I have completed a building per week as was required to keep on top of it.  I even assembled the top half of the block.  You will have to ignore the purple hexagons.  I have my block on the design wall right below the floret row.

These buildings are a house and a barn.  Do you like my daisies in the window box.  I do.


This one is the bottom half of block two.  I have two weeks less one weekend left to go before the meeting, so I have to work on one building and one side decoration per week.  


This block is going to be colourful.  I like this block with the topiary and the bird house.  I really like the background of this one too!  The background was designed to appear like salvages sewn together.  There are the dot colour lines and the words.  In this case the words are not the designer and name of the pattern.  In this case the words are quilting related, like quilting forever, sew happy, 100% cotton, I run with scissors, I'm creative...you can't expect me to be neat too, and make do and mend.  It's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment